Modular Kitchen Maintainence
A modular kitchen does not come cheap. Although brand new kitchens look fabulous, there is no guarantee that they will look the same five years later. It all depends on you, to ensure that the kitchen remains neat and clean, and uses the right maintenance techniques to noprescriptionusa ensure freshness of appeal. Regular and right maintenance of modular kitchen can be done by keeping in mind the following tips.
- ‘Cleanliness is next to Godliness’ goes an old saying, and it is particularly true for kitchens. How you clean it will have an impact on whether the surfaces look new and bright or scratched, dull and faded a year later.
- Do not use scouring pads, wire pads or rough cloth to clean surfaces. Always use soft cloth.
- Do not use harsh detergents, solvents or chemicals. Use only the mildest of neutral detergent cleanser or a mix of baking powder and vinegar to clean surfaces. Follow it up with plain water cleanse to remove residues.
- Regular cleaning at least every other day is necessary if you want your kitchen to remain fresh looking.
- Ensure that at night the kitchen is cleaned and there are no food particles in the sink or on the counter top. This is an open invitation for insects.
- Not just the outside but inside of each drawer, each shelf and every cabinet needs regular cleaning.
- Glazed tiles are popular and are easy to clean with a little bit of mild detergent and water.
- An alternative is to use soda and vinegar that will really remove dirt. Use a floor brush with soft bristles or a string mop.
- This is where you put vegetables and fruits, and use the chopping board. Both counter top and chopping board should be scrupulously cleaned. Antibacterial soap is good to clean it every once in a while.
- You can additionally use a mild solution of hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the sink. Hydrogen peroxide can remove stains too.
Drawers, Door Hinges and Slides
- Over time the hinges and slides will not work as smoothly as before due to lack of lubrication.
- You could use oil but it has can stain the adjoining areas. Use just a drop or two of oil for hinges. An alternative is to use silicone mould release agent spray. This does not leave a residue and penetrates inside, keeping your hinges well lubricated.
- Slides in your drawers work on ball bearings that will not require oiling for a long time. However, a year later you can apply a bit of grease to the slides after cleaning them with cotton buds dipped in petrol to remove grime.
- If the insides of the chimney are accessible, give them a thorough cleaning with washing soda to remove dirt and debris and wash with clean water afterwards.
- Soak the filter in detergent and warm water, rinse in water and then dry. Weekly cleaning will keep the filter fairly clean and it will perform efficiently.
- Give your fridge a thorough cleaning with soap and water after emptying it. Do it once a week.
- Clean every day with soap and water.
- Disinfect with hydrogen peroxide.